July 29, 2008

Online listings for Newsagencies

To date business listing web sites in my opinion have had little usefulness for distribution newsagents. I have made profiles in several of the free Australian ones available but haven't encountered any customer contact resulting from them.

Three are a number of reasons, primarily I think the dominance of Google limits the traffic of these sites. I also think to most people the product is primary in their mind over the business, so that when they want to purchase a certain title or organise home delivery they are more likely to search online via the title. Finally these sites cater more to fixed location businesses rather than area based services.

The information fields many of these sites have also make it hard to accurately portray your business. Some of them I have found hard to even find a listing for 'Newsagent' let alone a distribution agency. Entering the data for your free listing can be a frustrating affair. You can also expect to be contacted from some of them wanting to sell you a premium listing.

If you do have some time to kill though here is a list of the sites that I am aware of and have myself used to make a free listing.

Hotfrog

Aussie Web

zpages

street-directory.com.au

truelocal

bigroo

No comments: